Information for Ukrainians in Stockholm

If you have arrived in Stockholm from Ukraine, you can soon apply to study sfi within adult education in the municipality. Also get support to apply for a job and map your skills.

Municipal adult education

Adult education in the city of Stockholm offers you who are refugees from Ukraine and live in the city of Stockholm to study at SFI from June 1, 2023. In order to make an application, you need your coordination number (samordningsnummer) that you received from the Tax Agency (Skatteverket).

The application only applies to regular SFI studies. You can also study Swedish as a second language (SVA) when you have finished SFI.

It is not possible to study on vocational training or other courses at Komvux.

You apply to SFI on our website or by calling us or visiting our reception during our opening hours. 

Welcome house

If you need advice or guidance regarding work or studies, you are welcome to visit Welcome house. Welcome house can also help matching you to a job and provide information about the Swedish authorities and welfare system.

Finding work

If you are covered by the Temporary Protection Directive and need help finding work in Sweden, you are welcome to register at the Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen).

Once you have registered, you will have the opportunity to discuss what line of work you can do and what jobs that are available with an employment officer (an interpreter can be provided if needed). During this meeting the employment officer will evaluate whether you are ready to be matched to a job right away, or if other steps should be taken first. Arbetsförmedlingen will offer you the support that you need along the way.

In order to register, please visit a Arbetsförmedlingen service office (servicekontor). Bring a valid ID card – for example a passport – and the residence permit card you received from the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket). It is also helpful if you have a coordination number from the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket).

Information for people from Ukraine, Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket)